Analysis of sewage sludge
The sludge is waste products of the plants of water treatment during their purification steps and can be distinguished:
- primary sludge: sludge resulting from the primary sedimentation process, consist of fresh organic matter that is separated from raw sewage without any treatment (granular sludge).
- secondary sludge or biological: sludge resulting from the processes of biological oxidation: trickling filters or sewage sludge of activated sludge plants. Are fioccosi sludge and have a percentage of solids lower than that of the primary sludge.
- chemical sludge: sludge resulting from processes of clarification.
The sludge must be treated in order to minimize their quantity of moisture to allow their final disposal without environmental damage and with the lowest possible cost.
The sludge may undergo the following processing steps:
- Biological stabilization
- air conditioning
- Dehydration or drying
The treated sludge can be disposed of in the following way:
- For incineration alone or together with municipal waste;
- In controlled landfills for hazardous waste;
- Or reused in agriculture, in compliance with decree lgs. n. 99/92, further processing or after composting.
In Italy the sludge is disposed of in landfills mainly (55%) and partly re-used in agriculture (33%).
Enviromental Chemical Laboratory
Analysis in 24/48 hours
One of the first targets of our Laboratory is to satisfy the needs of market that requires a service analysis in a short time. Lab Solution provides a test with delivery of results within 24/48 hours.
Demands of higher speed and a very short time can be met according to the type of test required. The service is completely free.
Pick-up and delivery
Lab Solution offers pick up and delivery in the area of Como and neighbors, in order to provide faster execution of tests and offer a great customers service.